Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Time for a change in classroom management...

Ok.  It's the time of year when students are tired of us and we are...well...exhausted.  So, to keep my classes running smoothly, I have decided to implement a self-evaluation for all of my mini-artists.  I pass these forms out to each student at the beginning of class and have the students fill out the top portion while I will check the boxes when needed.  Since I frequently walk around the room as they are working anyway, I put a check mark in the boxes as they complete each part of the lesson...the listening part...the working part...the staying focused part...and so on.  It worked really well with the 1 class I experimented with today, so I'll let you know if it continues to be effective or if it turns out to be WAY too much work.  In case you are wondering, for the students who consistently have missing check marks, they will be practicing our 'High 5' expectations during the next art class instead of working on the projects.  

If you want me to e-mail you the document so you can try it in your art room, leave me your e-mail address in the comments section below.  


2 comments :

  1. Oooh good idea! What happens if they are missing check marks? Do you give them to the classroom teachers or just use them for the art room to see who gets to do art next time?

    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! It certainly is that time of year and my kids are checked out early for spring break. I would love to use this! How many students do you have?

    ReplyDelete